Teachers Building Society was founded in 1966 to help teachers onto the property ladder. This aim still holds true today, and we work hard to ensure that our products reflect the needs of teachers and other education professionals across England and Wales.
What makes us different?
- We offer mortgages to cover a teacher’s lifecycle, from the start of their career right through to retirement
- In our experience, every person and every case is different, so we assess each mortgage application on its own merits
- NQT looking to purchase a property? We consider NQTs and can even release the mortgage funds up to two months before the start of a first post
- We design our mortgage products to meet the specific needs of teachers, their contracts and pay scales
- We’re committed to remaining a mutual organisation run for the long-term value and benefit of our members, not shareholders
Why choose us for your mortgage?
- We have no automated telephone system so your call will always get straight through to our friendly team of experienced advisors
- We will provide you with one dedicated advisor to guide you through the process
- We will not perform a credit check until later in the process with your explicit consent
We frequently achieve recognition for the quality of customer care we provide, with recent accolades including being nominated in the What Mortgage Awards eight years in a row for categories including “Best Local Building Society”, “Best Lender Website” and “Best Shared Ownership Mortgage Lender”. Over these eight years, we have either won or been awarded the status of “Highly Commended” for these categories. In 2018 we also won the award for “Best Use of Technology” from the Mortgage Finance Gazette for our mortgage application portal which was designed to meet the needs of intermediaries.